Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Cuppa I-Scream

This weekend was just like any other weekend. Dealing with routine chores...washing...cooking...cleaning and more stuff like that which have now become consequential ingrediants of my new life after marriage.
Just like on every other sunday, we went to Spar(ravi's favo grocery mall), first we went to first floor, purchased few items,then 2nd floor...stuffed some more stuff in the trolley...3rd floor...simply sauntered around.
All shopping over. Back to Bike. Spar has some interesting shops on the ground floor. One of them is an ice-cream parlor. While passing by, I just had a glimpse at the enchanting ice-cream bowls served on the tables inside the shop. And we left...me driving the trolley and ravi following me.
Now...u'd be wondering why am i writing all this crap?
Well...it does have a strong nexus with the story which continues.
It was a dull sunday evening. Had lunch at 5(strange but true for weekends), kept on changing TV channels, had some nice T and popcorns. Suddenly ravi turned towards me and said "Chal tuje ice-cream khilane le jaate hain." I was stunned and asked what happened all of a sudden?
Then he said "Aaj jab hum din me Spar se nikal rahe the, u were looking at the ice-cream naa...u wanted to have it then naa?"
Gari: "How do u know? I did not even had a proper look at it"
He gave me a simple smile which said lot more than the words could say.
100s of times before he had asked me for an ice-cream long drive(Thats how we call it when we go for a long drive to have a cup of ice-cream), but there was something else about it which stupidly...very very stupidly made me cry. I was smiling but coudnt fight my tears back...now literally crying I hugged him real tight...bucket full of water tumling down my cheeks.
In our case, it's very apt for me to call him my better half. He knows me better than me :)

8 comments:

  1. hey gari.. we always said that u both are made for each other. your jodi is the best jodi ever. May god always brings these choti moti khushiya in your way. bcoz in choti choti khusihiyo se hi to badi khushiya banti hai na....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have brought the lappy yesterday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ravi:
    Thanks..You finaly realize that whatever i say is for good ;)
    So from next time...do follow my words :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey dear

    May all the happiness of the world come ur way..

    God Bless Ravi & Gari.. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweeeeeeet......

    @Ravi--> ab time aa gaya he drawing roome dining table laane ka...bhabhi ki baat maan li jaaye :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey dear, may u both remein better half of each other forrver n ever. Nothing can b gr8 than this that somebody know u better than urself, n i can say this coz I hv felt this thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really sweet. Good going Ravi...keep it up.

    Garima yaar you really wrote this well....mai almost rone waala tha....hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so once again writer writes his feelings but this time lit bit emotional and herat touching ..........
    so gari.. what abt u how much u understand to ravi..
    anyway i wish this day comes in ur life daily and you will clear ur eyes like that....:))

    ReplyDelete

U may Also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails