Monday, June 29, 2015

Happy Birthday to ME!

Never thought, and I don’t believe I am doing this. 32nd Birthday!!!
From a tiny toddler, to a young carefree girl, to an independent lady, to a wife, to a mom, to a working mom…whatever state I have been in, I have always been super-excited about my birthdays. Who else would write card to themselves, and wrap gifts just for the sake of pleasure of opening gifts wrapped beautifully :D
Mom and dad had always been there to make it a special day for me, but if I felt that the pampering I am getting is not good enough for me, I had all my ways to pamper myself. Well, since past 8 years, I have never felt the need of additional pampering (Ya! Its when I met Ravi).
But due to some events yesterday, we were not in the best of our selves and hence Ravi had no intentions to pamper me -It was decided not to take a day off. 

In all these (so many) years, I dont remember when I went to office on my Bday…I think never. And true it is that I did not want a day which started with cooking breakfast, to cooking lunch, and after lunch take a nap, and then whatever time is there spend it in chit-chat …not about ourselves or our plans/dreams or anything that’s related to us, but about others and their lives …ya…my in-laws are here :D
Anyways, got Chia ready, sent her off to school, Ravi also left for offce, and I was on my way to Office…Driving riding. Riding is a good time. This is the only time I get to spend with myself. What I do in this time? Well…think about things, dreams, visualize Chia eating her food and milk :P (that’s my most desired fantasy BTW), think about Ravi caring about what I love, think about ma-pa & wish mumma to come here and spend time with me, sometimes even solution to the current business requirement I am working on J, and if I am in not in a thinking mood, simply hum songs or sing them loud (Ofcourse helmets are sound-proof, aren’t they? ) 
So, I was riding…and I had this sudden urge to listen to my heart - which said - "Garima! I still beat for YOU. Please don't forget the person I beat for." 

I wanted a break. A break from everything and everybody!!! And more-more-much-more than that, I was craving for pampering.
So lady!!! If you know what you want, then why dont you go and get it? Why don’t you become that carefree girl again who did not depend on anybody for getting some pampering??? Fighting this idea with myself, I found myself stopping by a toy shop. Taking my phone out, I messaged my boss “Not coming today. Thnx for your wishes :D”
Also, decided not to tell anybody at home that I escaped for my self. 

Then, got inside the shop, bought few things Chia would so love to have (Including story books :D), got it gift-wrapped beautifully. I love to imagine that she also loves the gift wraps as much as I do :P

Ok Garima…what next? Maybe…get some gifts for myself? Hmm…I like that idea.
Took the road to shopping mall, spent some good amount of time seeing each and everything in the display (ladies with indifferent shopping partners would understand what a joy this is :P). Then picked up things which I don’t essentially need, more importantly I know m never gonna use them. Things which can ONLY be gifted. 
Then went to the cafe there and ordered my favo frappe and aaram se settled in the couch thinking of something which I love doing but I rarely get time to do it. Click!! Writing.

Yes yes, I will write, may be a letter? My be some home ideas that are ringing in my head since long? Or, may be just a diary page? Ya, I dont remember when I made an entry in my diary last. Diary Page it is. 

Ok Laptop buddy, I need you. Alas, they think people are thiefs and thus find it so necessary to lock the laptop bag, grrr…where do I write then?
And then I caught attention of the office family day invitation card which was still there in my purse. (Also the reason for our fight).  And then the coffee got served with some tissue papers too ;)
Yippie…just the thing that I need.

So here I am writing all this which I think may become a post for my dormant blog, if so, then that will be THE gift for myself.

3 hours of ME time seems to be the best gift for my bday. I so clearly remember now what I am, rather than what people around want me to be.

And now…having this ample ME time, Ravi…I have started missing you now.
Love fighting with you…it brings out the best in me ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

U may Also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails